100 Things to do before you turn 12
One of the most precious things in life is sharing knowledge about our world with children. Playing outside is a vital part of a child’s development. Research shows children who have unstructured play outside are more creative, have less aggression, less stress and reduced ADHD symptoms. Get them away from their devices and into nature and you will be astounded at the fun and excitement they will experience. Ever curious, nature offers so many first time experiences for them to explore and enjoy and Middlefork Ranch is the ideal spot for these adventures. Here is a wonderful bucket list published by Great Outdoors Colorado, “100 Things to do before you turn 12”. We have chosen just a few fun experiences to tick off your bucket list while enjoying your stay at Middlefork Resort:
- Balance on a log– try to walk the length of a log
- Climb a tree – hang from one of the strong branches
- Skip rocks – Middlefork Resort has a stream running right through
- Sleep under the stars – You can always creep back into one of our rustic cabins after the marshmallow toasting
- Go fishing and eat what you catch – our lake is well stocked for fly-fishing
- Wade in a stream – our stream runs past all our ranch houses
- Start a water balloon fight – fill your balloons with natural, crystal clear stream water
- Hear your own echo– Our majestic Sangre De Christos mountains will echo your songs loud and clear
- Hear an elk bugle in the wild – the Stonewall area offers some of the largest elk herds in the surrounding plains
- Mimic a bird call – we have such a wide variety of birds for you to learn about
These are just a few creative ideas to try from the list.
Mountain cabins| rental cabins | cozy rental cabins | Colorado flyfishing | Colorado RV Park
Beautiful Colorado mountain cabins | Cool mountain getaway Colorado
Fishing cabin rentals Colorado | fishing vacation Colorado | mountain cabin rental Colorado
Vacation rentals Stonewall | Luxury Colorado mountain cabins and RV camping
Drop what you’re doing and rent that beautiful mountain cabin in Stonewall. The kids will be so excited for a summer road trip, and you will be able to put your feet up and relax near our stream, which runs right next to our cabins. The fun doesn’t stop when the sun sets and the stars come out. Teach the children about the stars and moon, the sky will offer so much for you all to discuss and enjoy. Kids are naturally curious beings and you will captivate their interest and incite wonder about the stars, moon and planets and their vastness, by just being out in nature.
The position of the stars from Denver, CO on July 7th, 2017
Perhaps watch the sky over several evenings in a row and they will notice the difference with the moon and position of the stars each night. Take advantage of the night sky and the wonders of the cosmos.